Zilliqa

Time factors

Protocol timeHuman readable time

Protocol time 1

Block

30 seconds

Protocol time 2

Cycle (= 2,200 blocks)

18.33 hours

First reward delay

1 cycle

18.33 hours

Reward frequency

End of every cycle

18.33 hours

Unbonding period

30,800 blocks

14 days

  • Block times are not fixed. Cycles have been clocking closer to 24 hours.

Lifecycle

Must know before staking

Minimum stake amount

βœ…

10 ZIL

Partial stake changes

❌

Partial reward withdrawal

❌

Compounding

❌

Penalty

❌

Slashing

❌

Advanced topics

General

  • The protocol uses staking to incentivize seed node operators. Seed nodes serve as the access point to the protocol, forwarding transactions received from users.

    • Seed nodes do not participate in the network’s consensus.

  • Delegators can transfer their entire stake and rewards to a new address without waiting for the unbonding period by requesting a RequestDelegatorSwap.

Rewards

  • Rewards come from newly issued tokens.

    • Fixed issuance per every 100 blocks. The protocol issues 204,000 of new tokens. 60% is distributed to the miners securing the protocol. The remaining 40% gets distributed to the staked seed nodes and their delegators.

  • Factors that impact realized rewards.

    • Commissions.

Risks

  • The protocol does not have any penalties or slashing mechanism.

Validators

Total validator cap

βœ…

30

Validator requirements

βœ…

10,000,000 ZIL

Resources

Last updated